Thursday, March 4, 2010

A little obsession

I'm obsessed with a website! Have you heard of Redfin? Its like window shopping for real estate....from the comfort of my laptop....in my pjs....without any makeup. Because of this damn website I find myself spending more and more time online. I log on every morning to search the socal MLS. At work I peruse the new lunch-time listings. When I get home, I'm back online wondering if that great little cottage in Encino is under contract or if that mid-century modern in Granda Hills has been chopped in price. I imagine myself cooking in that kitchen, wondering what wood floors would match this molding, and picking out a soaking tub for that outdated master bath. In my head I must have remodeled dozens of homes already. I'm an expert. In my head of course. From the comfort of our little 1 bedroom apartment, we waited wondering if the market would continue its landslide. How do you know when the time is right to buy? Is the market leveling out? Should we wait another year? What we do know is that we are tired of renting, we need more space for Hercules, Ozzy and our growing hobbies, and we want to start (thinking about) a family. So we have come to the decision that we are READY!  We are ready to jump in with both feet and find the perfect home for our growing family. Thanks to Redfin, I've compiled a list of over 200 homes. Its time to put on some makeup and head out into the real world to do some shopping. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment