Saturday, April 17, 2010

Are you (sweet) talkin' to me?

We had our home inspection this week. We were present during the inspection, asked a ton of questions and were given the inspection report. But, I still don’t know what to make of everything. There are problems; some bigger than others. Its all laid out in the extremely detailed 5 page report. The house is not perfect. We knew that. But seeing all of our home’s flaws elaborated upon and classified into such categories as safety concern, further evaluation, and repairs recommended seems….. heartless and impersonal. As I read through the report I was surprised that the mold and leaky faucet issues didn’t bother me as much how the rooms were labled in the report. I was angry that our pilates/laundry room was called an unpermitted 3rd car garage. And how the kitchen-adjacent room was arrogantly decided to be the game room instead of the office. And how our sunny guest bedroom as so coldly referred to as the back bedroom. The audacity. I guess the truth isn’t supposed to sound pretty. But some sweet talkin’ would sure make all of this a bit more bearable……

No comments:

Post a Comment